Here you are, nearing the end of your secondary studies and showing potential for further studies in Mauritius or overseas. Fulfilling your dearest dream is a milestone. In case your parents faced difficulties to mobilize sufficient finances to fund your higher education, don’t give up! At BCP Bank (Mauritius), we have designed a Student Loan to finance higher studies in due time. Even better, we customise the loan to your specific needs and profile so you can be guaranteed the necessary funding you need. With BCP Bank (Mauritius) Student Loan, set aside unnecessary stress and focus on studying.
- The Student Loan covers all costs directly related to your studies, may it be in Mauritius or overseas: registration, tuition fees, accommodation, transport, textbooks and any other day-to-day living expenses.
- Monthly repayments are tailored to your specific profile / situation.
- The loan is guaranteed by a Life Insurance, which relieves the weight off your shoulders in the unfortunate event of death or incapacity (proven invalidity) of the borrower.
- The main borrower can either be:
- the student (backed by a mandatory guarantee from parents);
- or one or both parent(s) or legal responsible party(ies).
- Repayment is easy for the borrower during the first four years (at a maximum), as BCP Bank (Mauritius) offers a moratorium period before repayment of capital starts. During the moratorium, only interests and insurance premiums are payable. Likewise, the student can, smoothly and easily, at least complete the first degree. Repayment period of the capital only starts at the end of the moratorium period. Altogether, with the moratorium period, the borrower has up to a maximum of 10 years to clear the repayment of the loan.
- Flexibility: credit repayment can be effected by either the beneficiary student or the borrower.
- No penalty fee! In case of early repayment of the loan.
Any physical person of legal age, either:
|Mandatory terms to satisfy prior to loan approval||
|Minimum Loan Amount||
|Maximum Loan Amount||
During the moratorium period (1–4 years), only interests and insurance premiums are payable. This is the maximum time allowed for the student to graduate or complete the first degree.
|Loan Amortisation Period (credit capital repayment)||
Credit capital repayment starts at the end of the agreed moratorium. The repayment can be effected either by beneficiary student or borrower.
Total Term (moratorium + amortisation) is of a maximum of 10 years
No penalty or exit fee
Here you go!
Application checklist (for borrower and beneficiary)*
Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to get started:
- Valid identity document (national identity card, passport, etc.).
- Proof of residential address showing name of applicant(s), dated less than 3 months.
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
- Insurance contracts, of which a Life Insurance policy.
- Acceptable proof and presentation of the studies project
*This list is not exhaustive.