The CAP Etudes loan is directly linked to the Cap Etudes Savings plan. You can benefit from a Student Loan as from 18 years old. This loan comes with preferential terms regarding both the calculation of your loan amount and its interest rates. The purpose of the loan is to finance the cost of studies (including tuition fees, accommodation and other living expenses).
- Loan at preferential terms, with competitive rates (loan in MUR: PLR + 1% and in other currency: INDEX + 3%)
- Loan amount - subject to the MUR 1,000,000 equivalent threshold - is calculated as follows: 30 times the total amount of interests deposited in your Cap Etudes Savings account from its opening date.
- Loan amount: up to MUR 1,000,000 equivalent or the equivalent amount in foreign currency.
- Maximum loan repayment term is 7 years
*Conditions apply - EURO Rate: Euribor 1 month; USD, GBD, AUD rates: Libor 1 month
As from 18 years of age, a beneficiary can apply for a student loan at preferential terms.
|Maximum Loan Amount||
Up to MUR 1,000,000 equivalent or equivalent foreign currency.
|Calculation of Loan Amount||
Loan amount, limited within the MUR 1,000,000 equivalent threshold, is calculated as follows: 30 times the total amount of interests deposited in your Cap Etudes Savings account from its opening date.
EUR, USD, GBP, AUD.
|Preferential Interest Rates||
MUR: PLR + 1% & Other currency: INDEX + 3%
To finance cost of studies either in Mauritius or overseas (tuition, accommodation, travelling, and maintenance expenses).
Maximum loan repayment term is 7 years
Here you go!
Application checklist (for parents / legal responsible parties)**
Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to get started:
- Valid identity document (national identity card, passport, etc.) ;
- Proof of residential address showing name of applicant(s), dated less than 3 months;
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
**This list is not exhaustive.