This Student Loan is specifically linked to the Junior Savings Plan. It comes with preferential terms regarding both the calculation of the student loan amount and the interest rates. The purpose of the loan is to finance expenses for studies in Mauritius or overseas (tuition fees, accomodation and other living expenses).
- Student Loan lending rate is guaranteed right from the date of subscription.
- Preferential rate PLR + 0.5%.
- Handling fee is offered for your loan application.
- A calculation factor of 1.5 is applied to the ongoing balance (Capital + Interests) of the PEJ to estimate the allowable loan amount.
- Repayment term can extend to a maximum of 10 years.
Here you go!
Application checklist (required from parents / legal responsible parties)*
- Valid identity document (national identity card, passport, etc.) ;
- Proof of residential address showing name of applicant(s), dated less than 3 months;
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
*This list is not exhaustive.