Your dream is to see your child undertaking higher education. Yet, you fear that moment when you will have to finance tertiary education? Sure, we have Cap Etudes Loan to help you out. Nonetheless, with proper planning, you can make saving a part of your routine and help your child's education savings grow. As we know, peace of mind is priceless when one has to focus on studying and, of course, succeeding.
- Savings Account in foreign currency* - bearing no charges and no risks.
- Interests are credited monthly to the account;
- Account bears interests starting from a monthly MUR 1,000 saving.
- Interest rate: Attractive remuneration (LIBOR INDEX 1 MONTH EUR, USD, GBP & AUD);
- Security: Not subject to fluctuations in rupee owing to a process consisting of smoothing the exchange rate of foreign currencies against the rupee.
- Adaptability : additional deposits are free in addition to permanent monthly deposits.
- Availability : funds remain available any time, subject to a withdrawal commission of 1% of withdrawn amount
- Flexibility : choice of two foreign currencies with the freedom to decide the MUR amount to be attributed to each currency account.
- Statement of Account : updated and posted twice-yearly (at the end of a semester).
- Student Loan : Privileged application and – subject to approval – preferential loan terms.
When the beneficiary reaches 21 years of age, the account is automatically converted into a foreign currency current account, subject to applicable standard service charges and fees.
Preferential Loan Terms
- As from 18 years of age, the beneficiary can apply for a student loan at preferential terms.
- Bonus rates
- Loan amount: up to MUR 1,000,000 or the equivalent amount in foreign currency. Loan amount, within the MUR 1,000,000 equivalent threshold, is estimated at about 30 times the total amount of interests deposited into the Cap Etudes Savings account from opening date.
- Maximum loan repayment term : 7 years
- Purpose of loan is to finance studies expenses either in Mauritius or overseas (tuition fees, accommodation costs and other student living expenses).
*Conditions apply - EURO Rate : Euribor 1 month; USD, GBD, AUD rates : Libor 1 month
Any physical person aged less than 15 years at date of opening of account, and not already holding a Cap Etudes Savings account.
|Minimum Opening Amount||
MUR 5,000 or the equivalent amount in foreign currency
EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, with possibility of holding the account in two foreign currencies.
Minimum monthly deposit of MUR 1,000 or the equivalent amount in foreign currency.
Unlimited – subject to a minimum of MUR 1,000 or the equivalent amount in foreign currency.
Complete with instant access to your funds but subject to 1% penalty on withdrawal amount
Up to the beneficiary’s 18th birthday
Here you go!
Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to get started:
- Valid identity document (national identity card, passport, etc.) ;
- Proof of residential address showing name of applicant(s), dated less than 3 months;
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
**This list is not exhaustive.