A convenient means of payment for your day-to-day expenses
Although the cheque is not as frequently used as the bank card, it still is an acceptable tender to settle many expenses, particularly when it comes to significant amounts of money.
Good to know: Your current cheque book is coming to an end? Your new cheque book will be automatically renewed and readily available at your branch.
Choice of cheque books:
- No. of sheets: either 25, 50 or 100 sheets;
- Delivery options:
- Normal or Registered Post,
- Branch collection
No late payments, no penalties... take the hassle out of regular bills and expenses.
Our Direct Debit services allow you to authorise the transfer of an amount of money from your account to settle bills or subscription fees over an undetermined period.
Creditors who accept direct debit settlement for their bills are the following: CEB, CWA, Mauritius Telecom, Emtel, Orange, Anglo and MC Vision.
Current transactions can also be performed through transfers. In these cases no cheque book, bank card, or correspondence is required.
A transfer can be used as follows:
- Momentarily – for ad-hoc requirements;
- Permanently – for regular requirements befitting an automatic, repetitive transfer for an identical amount of money, at the same date towards the same recipient. A permanent transfer can be amended or cancelled and this just requires filling a form to the effect;
- For practicality – for the settlement of regular expenses of identical amounts such as rent.
Transfers are a widespread mode of payment because they are simple, secure, inexpensive, fast, flexible, customisable:
- Simple: you can request a transfer in advance, for example 15 days before due date in order not to forget it. You can also follow your transfer history both for effected and forthcoming transfers.
- Secure: whether you submit the transfer order by internet-banking or on a written form, it remains a secure transaction as its implementation requires the bank particulars of the beneficiary account (IBAN and BIC codes).
- Inexpensive: transactions carried out through internet banking cost less than those effected through a branch (please refer to tariff guide). In addition, in the case of a permanent transfer, you can amend it free of charge.
- Fast: the beneficiary’s account can be credited on the same day depending on transfer type (Normal or Mauritius Automated Clearing and Settlement System [MACSS, i.e. immediate transfer]).
- Flexible: For all multicurrency transactions, you can choose between MUR, EUR, USD, AUD, CAD, CHF, GBP or ZAR.
- Customisable: you choose the amount and frequency of your transfers - monthly, quarterly, twice-yearly or yearly. Moreover, you can select the day on which you want the transfer to be effected, for example every 10th day of the month.