Useful and resourceful, wherever you are.
The VISA Classic card of BCP Bank (Mauritius) is an essential complement to your account. With it you can pay your purchases across the world at more than 29 million merchants displaying the VISA logo. You can also withdraw cash in foreign currency at a million or so ATMs in more than 220 countries (thanks to the extensive network of 1 000 000 VISA ATMs across the world).
Who can use a VISA Classic card?
Any physical person of legal age, holder of a Current Account or Interest-bearing Current Account with BCP Bank (Mauritius) can subscribe to a VISA Classic card - either on its own or as part of the Serenité service package.
A VISA Classic card can be issued to an account holder subject to a minimum of MUR 10,000 monthly income.
What is the use of a Visa Classic card?
VISA Classic is an electronic chip card. It is the ideal complementary payment instrument for you and for your family. It enables and simplifies secure payment of purchases and cash withdrawals in Mauritius and overseas. With it, you can access your accounts 24/7 from any ATM displaying the VISA logo.
The VISA Classic card can be used at any BCP Bank (Mauritius) ATM to:
- Check your account(s).
- Obtain mini statements (5 latest transactions).
- VISA Classic is a secure electronic chip card. It can hardly be copied to fraudulent ends, contrary to magnetic strip cards (enabling payment without requiring a secret code).
- In the event of a lost or stolen card, only a phone call will be required to block the card on the system.
- The entry of three consecutive invalid PIN codes – at an ATM or a Merchant Terminal, will immediately block your card. It will only be released following a written request sent to your bank.
An extensive international facility
VISA Classic card allows you to :
- Settle current expenses in Mauritius and overseas. With a VISA Classic card, you carry virtual money around with you.
- Withdraw cash and perform internal transfers at Banque des Mascareignes’ and other banks’ ATMs. No need to queue up for in-branch cash withdrawals
- Settle your purchases directly with your card at merchants’ outlets or for e-payments, either on an immediate debit or differed debit mode.
How does it work?
|Choice of billing||
You can choose the billing option that suits you best to settle payments made with your card. You have the choice between immediate debit or differed debit, at the end of the month.
Two billing options:
*The card account is the account of the card itself. It records all transactions submitted for payment by Merchants or other banks. The card account is automatically linked to the current account, with a credit threshold as approved by the Bank’s Credit Committee. On every 15th day of each month, the Bank updates the card account statement to show debits incurred by transactions performed during the preceding period.
Applicable to withdrawals from ATMs
At any BCP Bank (Mauritius) ATM, the bearer can:
At other banks’ ATMs, the bearer can :
As for manual cash withdrawals, these can be performed at foreign exchange counters/airport counters offering this option.
|Types of payments||
To settle purchases either in Mauritius or overseas:
The VISA Classic card is valid for three years. It is automatically renewable. One month before expiry, the customer is informed of the issuance of a new card, ready for collection, at the customer’s branch.
Should a customer not wish to renew his card, the respective Relationship Manager should be advised at least three months before the expiry date.
|Useful contact numbers||
Credit/debit card stolen or lost : + 230 212 1000
Here you go!
- Valid identity documents (national identity card, passport, etc.);
- Proof of residential address showing name of bearer(s), dated less than 3 months back;
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
*This list is not exhaustive