What types of transfers can be performed under International Transfers?
International transfers are overseas transfers, i.e transfers done outside Mauritian territory. Under this type of transfer you can:
- Perform an international transfer towards a foreign overseas bank.
Note: Transfer scan be performed in all major currencies.
- E.g : EUR/USD/GBP etc…
What is the processing delay for an international transfer?
- A transfer performed before 14h30 will be effective on the same day (D).
- A transfer performed after 14h30 will be effective on D + 1.
(This applies to working days, excludes closure time, week-ends and holidays)
Under International Transfer, I do not understand what does « Charges borne by » mean?
« Charges borne by » allows the instructing party of the transfer to choose which party is going to settle the charges relative to the transfer being performed.
These charges can be imputed to:
- Ordering customer – % charges to be debited from ordering customer’s account.
- Beneficiary – % charges to be debited to beneficiary’s account.
- Shared – charges are split between ordering customer and beneficiary’s accounts.
For additional information, kindly refer to our schedule of bank charges currently applicable.
Is it possible to check international transfers that have been carried out?
Yes. Under “International Transfers » go to the tab « Transfers in progress » to check the most recently carried out.
Is it possible to instruct a direct debit in foreign currency online?
No. This function is not available.
Any direct debit in a foreign currency must be instructed via any one of our 11 branches or by contacting your Relationship Manager.