The future of your child is already on the way. Raising a family is never easy, whether you have a toddler, teenager, or both. We are here to help you and your child make sense of money and enrichment!
Our Genius Saver Plan is a savings product that will accompany your child from at birth until he or she becomes 21 years of age. The plan includes an initial savings period of a minimum of 6 years with the view to obtaining a student loan at a preferential rate for education financing purposes or for higher studies.
- Flexible savings plan in the following currencies: MUR, AUD, EUR, USD or GBP
- Attractive remuneration of 2.25 %* per annum or Euro- Euribor + 1 month, AUD, USD and GBP: Libor + 1 month
- Rs 500 gift voucher directly credited to account opened for a child aged less than 5 years.
- Secured savings: the remuneration rate of a Genius Saver Plan is guaranteed for the whole duration of the subscription term.
- Regular affordable savings, not bearing down heavily on your budget.
- Flexible deposits allow regular minimum savings, with the possibility of increased deposits as and when you can.
- All you need to start is a minimum opening deposit of Rs 5,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies, then a minimum average monthly deposit of Rs 500 or Rs1000 for plans in foreign currencies.
- You can also deposit exceptional amounts, without exceeding the threshold set of
Rs 2,000,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies (including capitalization of interests).
* Rates standing as from May 1, 2020 i.e. Base Savings Rate + 2% (conditions apply).
A loan at preferential terms
- Student Loan lending rate is guaranteed right from the date of subscription.
- 50% off processing fees when studying locally.
- Purpose of loan is to finance studies expenses either in Mauritius or overseas (schooling fees, housing costs and other subsistence expenses too).
Any physical person aged less than 15 years at the moment of opening the account and not already holding a Genius Saver Plan in his/her name.
|Minimum opening amount||
MUR 5,000 up to MUR 150,000 or equivalent in FCY
|Initial and subsequent deposits||
A compulsory minimum of MUR 6,000 / year or equivalent in FCY
Subsequent deposits must be executed on a regular periodic term (monthly, quarterly or half-yearly).
Allowed, provided deposit amounts are maintained within the authorised threshold.
MUR 2,000,000 or equivalent in FCY
This threshold includes capitalization of interests.
Any time, subject however to an incidence on remuneration in case of withdrawal before term undertaken.
6 to 21 years
Here you go!
Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to get started:
- Valid identity document (national identity card, passport, child's birth certificate, etc.) ;
- Proof of residential address showing name of applicant(s), dated less than 3 months;
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
**This list is not exhaustive.