Purpose of the Job
Ensure compliance with the procedures, standards, legal and regulatory provisions within the different units to improve governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Work on all aspects of the team’s day to day tasks and responsibilities including data gathering.
- Preparing ‘walk-throughs’.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Carrying out audit testing.
- Carrying out audit assignments as per audit plan.
- Identify weaknesses and dysfunctions in the processes and make recommendations on how to improve on the processes.
- Assist external auditors during their Audit controls.
Profile of candidate
- Degree in Banking / Finance or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the Banking sector.
- Understanding of risk management principles and their application in the bank.
- A multidisciplinary approach combining operational, technological, risk management and business principles.
- Have a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of internal controls and governance processes.
- Have verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a good knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the bank's strategy, objectives, Development Plan and Business Action Plans.
- Understanding of banking products and services.
- Have a good knowledge of computer tools (word, excel).