The earlier one starts learning the use and value of money, the better! Offering your children an Easycard is an efficient and secure way to train them to manage their money on their own, learn to save and show responsibility. With an Easycard, they can withdraw cash from any BCP Bank (Mauritius) ATM.
Who can have an Easycard ?
- The applicant, as represented by a parent or legal responsible party. Mauritian residents as well as nonresidents can have an Easycard.
- An Easycard is available to any physical person aged between 12 and 18 years having a Next Gen's Account account with BCP Bank (Mauritius), subject to certain conditions.
To what use?
With an Easycard, your child can withdraw cash across Mauritius, solely from BCP Bank (Mauritius) ATMs.
Easycard makes it… Easy! At an ATM, your child can :
- Check the account balance;
- Print a statement of the last 10 transactions of the bank account;
- Withdraw cash, within the threshold set by parents.
- Getting the card is free of charge. Applicants having a Next Gen's Account only need to submit a request for an Easycard and it will be issued in his/her own name.
- No more queuing up at the cashier’s counter and no need to stick to bank opening hours for transactions!
- There are quite a lot of things you can do from an ATM:
- Cheque or cash deposits only to your BCP Bank (Mauritius) account;
- Cash withdrawals from your current and savings accounts;
- Transfers between your accounts;
- Checking your balance on your savings and current accounts.
The contract expires on the 31st December of the year on which the card holder turns 18. The respective account is closed and the funds transferred to an adult savings account in the name of card holder.
How does it work?
Easycard is an instant debit card, which facilitates and secures bank account management for your child and yourself.
Withdrawals can only be effected at any BCP Bank (Mauritius) ATMs and are subject to the following daily and monthly thresholds:
From a BCP Bank (Mauritius) ATM, the card holder can:
An Easycard is a cash withdrawal card only. It cannot be used to settle purchases at a merchant’s points of sale or online.
Should the card holder not wish to renew the card. The latter should inform the Relationship Manager well in advance.
Here you go!
Application checklist (required for parents / legal responsible parties)*
- Valid identity documents (national identity card, passport, etc.).
- Proof of residential address showing name of applicant(s), dated less than 3 months.
- Proof of income (latest salary slip, employment certificate from current employer, latest income tax return).
*This list is not exhaustive.